So, I get a lot of messages asking ‘How can I be stylish at the yard?’ And many people would assume it is time consuming, expensive and a lot of effort to have an enviable equestrian style. Well, actually it doesn’t have to be expensive and in fact it is really easy! You can instantly become stylish if add these five things to your equestrian wardrobe:
1. Statement Item – In your wardrobe you should have at least one key statement item that you can style your outfits around. See how Jessica Mendoza makes the focus of her outfit her Antares Sellier Premium Stingray Hat by keeping the rest of her outfit subtle and neutral.
For example, if you would like to recreate Jessica’s style at a low cost you could simply style our Snakeskin Pattern Technical T Shirt with some plain breeches or jeans. My favourite outfit featuring our Snakeskin T (£ 40.00) is as our model is pictured below with some simple white breeches, I love this look because it is simple, sporty and sexy.
You don’t have to be brave enough to pull off stingray or snakeskin patterns to nail a statement piece. You can almost make any item in your wardrobe a statement piece. Instead of teaming our Snakeskin T with white breeches try it with our Charcoal Technical T Shirt (£ 35.00) instead like Holly Matthews has done:
2. Sunglasses – A must for EVERY equestrian. Invest in some cool ring side shades and follow Big Bang Theory actress and show jumper Kayley Cuoco’s lead. My favourite look is a classic White T and some cool sunnies. Kayley nails this effortless look below. You can recreate this look with our Classic White V Neck Logo T Shirt (£ 14.99) and these sunglasses that I picked up from River Island (£ 12.00).
3. Co-Ordinate – When choosing your equestrian wardrobe pieces and horse’s equipment think about coordinating. I ensure that I keep my tack all co-ordinated. And any boots or saddle pads are neutral colours too, so that whatever outfit I decide to wear that day, my horse is already co-ordinated with me and we both look well kitted out. Jessica Springsteen is queen of co-ordination. I am a big fan of Jessica’s classy and preppy style. Another queen of co-ordination is our sponsored rider Vicky Melia who has co-ordinated her horse Handels Messiah in Antares to match her Antares Hat and our Lightweight Luxe Jacket (£ 55.00)
4. Baseball Cap – Essential for looking cool and hiding that helmet hair. Kayley Cuoco again keeps classy and cool in her baseball cap. You can pick up any hat you like for as cheap as you like however I would recommend buying Black or Navy as they will match every outfit and they are less likely to become dirty quicker.
5. Clean – Ensure you are immaculately turned out by cleaning all of your equipment and you will instantly be the envy of everybody. Nobody envies dirty tack and green covered bits. My favourite tack cleaning products to use are from Antares Sellier not only is it fantastic but it smells like marzipan! Mmmm. It is slightly more expensive but lasts 3x longer and is much higher quality. You can buy it from www.pmequestrian.co.uk
If you would like any personal styling tips please feel free to get in contact with me and I would be more than happy to help you free of charge!